Write about a nursing concept and explaining why you hold it dear to yourself. This is called values clarifications.
Perhaps you have gone through self-introspection every now and then you might ask yourself:
• Why do I value this?(your values system)
• Why do you value patience? respect? comforting? cleanliness? spirituality? acculturation? inclusion? social injustice? social distancing/close socializing? These are just examples of a concept(s).
For this paper you will perform an analysis of a concept. Perhaps you would want to be curious as to how this word came about. In other words, you would want to know it origins. This is what you call the epistemology of a concept.
Then go back to values clarification. Ask yourself:
• Why do I value this concept so much?
• Explain the reason why it is significant in your life.
• Further, why did it become important part of my belief system?
Then, ask yourself:
• Have I been applying my belief system in term of my professional nursing practice? Explain why?
Expand the answers to the “why” to the 4 metaparadigms of nursing: man, health, environment.
At this point you are now connecting your concept with the 4 metaparadigms of nursing. Eventually you will connect your expanded idea to call it YOUR OWN theory of nursing practice. Name it!