1. Problem Statement: How can mid-level practitioner utilization lower costs within hospitals? (1 Sentence no change from Writer)
1. Your client/stakeholder is a healthcare system under Veteran Health Administration or Veteran Affairs (VA), so please keep that in mind when writing the paper.
2. Background source: Providing as many relevant facts (from empirical research) as possible will strengthen your viewpoints and, ostensibly, persuade your client why your proposed solution is the most appropriate. However, to reiterate, remember this section is just “informing” others about the facts emerging from your research, do not attempt to persuade or toe the line/narrative.
1. Background, Describe the following: The purpose of the VA, its reimbursement structure, how it is an example of free healthcare with long wait times as evidenced by attachment (include a peer-reviewed source to support this assertion).
2. Million Veteran Program (MVP)-https://www.research.va.gov/mvp/
1. What is the Million Veteran Program (MVP), and its benefits for the Veteran population?
1. Include one or two points only
3. Demographics (Veteran Population)-Use national statistics from the US and try census.gov and American government-related websites. Maybe include the age groups of the veteran population, male/female, specialties within the VHA hospitals, etc.
4. Include age-related facts and figures backed by peer-reviewed information (include any charts as figures, do not create charts; they must come from research papers, VA sources, or census.gov).
5. How has COVID affected veteran care in the US (include veteran death statistics for the period, anything on how veteran medical care was affected i.e., more Telehealth [chart might be nice], less face to face or in-person appointments)
6. Define, describe midlevel practitioners, and include figures related to them and physicians. (#6 must be included, everything else is optional and to provide you with ideas depending on how much you write/character limit)
7. No summary.
1. Physicians-how will VA Primary Care Physicians/Specialty Physicians be affected? This paper is advocating for mid-levels.
2. Advanced Practice Registered Nurses,
3. Physician Assistant’s
5. VA OIG (Office of Inspector General)
8. Unions, Special Interest Groups for Medical Personnel
4. Options (*Must include 3 ): THIS WILL BE THE ANALYSIS AND MAJORITY OF YOUR WRITING. 60% of paper or 20% for each option you select.
1. Keep the following points in mind for your three options; these are options/solutions related to the Problem Statement. Each of these items will not apply but try your best to tackle each appropriately.
1. Cost: How much does each option cost?
2. Cost-Benefit Analysis: Cost versus the value of each option.
3. Political Feasibility: Are the options viable?
4. Legal Implications: Are the options legal? What are the ramifications?
5. Administrative Ease: How difficult would each option be to implement?
6. Fairness: Does each option treat individuals affected fairly?
7. Timeliness: Can each option be implemented in a timely, reasonable fashion?
8. Targeted Impact: Does each option target the problem/population involved (Tietelbaum & Wilensky, 2013, p. 260).
2. Option 1. Describe the option. What are the pros of this option? What are the cons of this option? Explain your argument briefly and concisely.
3. Option 2. Describe the option. What are the pros of this option? What are the cons of this option? Explain your argument briefly and concisely.
4. Option 3. Describe the option. What are the pros of this option? What are the cons of this option? Explain your argument briefly and concisely.
5. Recommendation: Choose ONLY ONE option as your recommendation. Why did your team choose this option over the other ones? Did your team consider the client’s values and power when selecting this option? Did the team consider and identify any possible drawbacks this recommended option may have in its implementation? Did the team provide alternative ways to avert such disadvantages, if any? Make sure NOT to repeat the analysis in this section.
6. Conclusion (1 PARAGRAPH): Consider writing at least one concise paragraph wrapping up the entire content of this analysis very briefly. Do not ramble! Get to the point! Do not rewrite previous sections of your paper. The key here is to SUMMARIZE your findings based on the evidence you gathered and understood from the investigated sources. End your concluding paragraph(s) with a persuasive statement.