Training Guide Template
You’ve won the business! Faster Computing has agreed to the project. As the final stage of preimplementation, you have been asked to produce a tutorial that will demonstrate how to install Linux and provide an overview of several common commands, as listed below.
The recommended format is to provide screenshots incorporated within the written narrative. No sources are required for this phase of the project; however, the screenshots must all be your own. Screenshots from external sources are not permitted.
You must include the specific screenshot listed in Part 3 or your project will not be accepted.
Use any hypervisor of your choice to install Linux. Many hypervisors are available, such as VirtualBox, which is a free download. In addition, as part of UMGC’s agreement with VMware, you can download VMware Workstation for free. See below for specific screenshot requirements.
Demonstrate command-line operations that will provide the following information:
- A listing of files in a directory and common file attributes.
- The current directory (hint: also known as the present working directory).
- Create a file, then copy it to a different directory.
- Create a second file and move it to a different directory.
- Remove the first file, as well as the copy you created.
- The manual page for a given command.
- Create a text file, then use an editor to modify the content. Then display the content of the modified file.
- Show running processes on the system. Demonstrate how to search for a specific process.
- Forcibly stop a running process.
On the final screenshot, you need to open a command line and type in the following commands (without the quotes):
“echo <your name here>” (Replace your name here with your name)